Friday, June 3, 2011

Waiting for 'Superman'


If you think you know alot about the world, think again.
You should totally watch this documentary called Waiting for "Superman". Yes, you might think that's it's just a super boring old documentary that's gonna bore me to sleep. Well you're sooo wrong. After watching this i discovered several breakdowns (mentally), i felt like i've taken my own society for granted and always in search for more, better and unique stuffs to satisfy my own greed. How foolish am i seriously.

I guess my teacher showed me this video at a perfect timing when i kinda wavered about singapore's education system. ( I meant the freaking high stress levels and all) I feeel kinda more inspired towards learning now...
If you realized anything about my previous post, you'll know what i'm talking about. (maybe)

Whatever, just watch this!

& Check out the reviews!
“One of the saddest days of my life was when my mother told me ‘Superman’ did not exist,” the educational reformer Geoffrey Canada recalls in the opening moments of “Waiting for ‘Superman,’ ” a powerful and alarming documentary about America’s failing public school system. “She thought I was crying because it’s like Santa Claus is not real. I was crying because no one was coming with enough power to save us.”

No comments: